Mittwoch, 9. November 2016

[Something To Think About] Thoughts about the US Election

I'm just shocked. 

I mean, 2016 seems to be completely insane, damaged and broken. And I don't even want to start talking about terroristic attacks, wars, murder and the deaths of loved people. I just want to talk about politics. 

First of all, the Austrian nearly voted a racist president. 
Then the Brexit... You go to sleep, thinking everything will be the same the next morning and then you wake up and the UK is no longer part of the European Union and literally everything seems to change. 
The AFD gets more and more votes every time they take part in an election. 
And now the Americans shows us once again that they can even top it and that it always can get worse. Now they have a president, the most powerful man in the world, who says that sexual assault against women is perfectly fine. Who thinks that people with different religion, sexuality or nationality don't have the right to be equal. 
He wants to build a fucking wall. 

Didn't we Germans had this before?
We had a wall. And before that we had a man telling his people that it's not okay to be different. And those were the darkest days of history! 
And I always thought that this history can change people and the way they are thinking but I guess I was wrong. It's completely bullshit. 
People doing the same mistakes over and over again. 

We learned nothing. 

This Election showed us one thing: that everything is possible. Everything. As well the bad things. 
And this makes me thinking about us. In about one year we are the ones voting. And it really scares me to believe that we are going to make the same mistake. 
All electable parties have a real lack on electable candidates. So who should we vote? We have Merkel. And after all these years she's not doing it that bad like everybody seems to think. But I think we need a change. We have had enough of Merkel and we need a different candidate. Because I strongly believe that the hate and anger especially against refugees will just grow on and on if it would be Merkel for another 4 years. But who? What if the AFD presents their candidate? Trump showed us that it even didn't need to be a high qualified candidate. And so many people seem to vote just to make a statement. Just because "Thanks Merkel!" or "The Brexit never will happen! I vote Brexit Yes!". Thanks men. Perfectly done. So women, LGBTs, people with different skin colours and religions voted Trump. And such people as well will vote for the AFD in Germany because they don't seem to think about what that will mean to them. It's like sheeps voting for the wolf to come and eat them. I actually don't know why so many voted for people with such racist and extreme statements. But they do. 

And this scares the hell out of me. 

And I look around and nothing is good.

This is not the world I want to live in! Where people get power because they hate Muslims, other religions, different sexuality, who discrimate people with other nationalities. 
People are equal. 
And I want to live in a world where it's perfectly fine to be different. Cause I want to be different! I don't want to be like everybody else just because... 
I want to be different, because that's me. And I want to live in a world that respects that. But the way the humans now choosed to go is definitely not the way which leads us to this. And this scares me. 

And all those women and as well men fought so hard so we can have the rights we have now, they would be completely torn apart and shocked, because they gave up everything! The gave up their lives, they fought so hard just because of those rights we are now seem to give up. 

And this is the wrong way. 
This is the wrong world. 

This is not the world I want to live in. 
And we should think about which way we want to go now. 

The way of hate, anger and unequality?
Or the way with equality, friendship and love? Are you willing to fight for this? For the equality and safety of women and men, different religions, sexualities and nationalities?

I know which way I will go. 

Do you?


[Somethin To Think About] Thoughts about the US Election

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Mit dem Kommentieren stimme ich der Datenschutzerklärung unter https://impressiondreams.blogspot.de/p/datenschutzerklarung.html zu.